Refresh Unread Badges with new Auto-Wake Feature.
Wavebox features two kinds of apps, integrated and linked apps. Integrated apps have enhanced support for sleep, which means the tab can go to sleep entirely, and Wavebox will continue to sync unread badges and notifications in the background using little-to-no resources.
Linked apps work a little differently in that they need to be awake to receive updates about what's new. So if you wanted to make sure you stay up-to-date with what's new in linked apps, your only option was to turn off sleep completely.
However, starting with Wavebox 10.102.18, we've introduced a new feature called Auto-Wake.
This new feature periodically wakes an app in the background for just enough time to sync badges and notifications before going back to sleep. You won't get your notifications immediately as with integrated apps, but you will be able to keep an eye out for what's new throughout the day.
How it Works
With auto-wake enabled, your app will be woken up once in a 30-minute window.
However, if your machine is under a lot of load, Wavebox might extend this to a 60-minute window. This helps to reduce the memory and processor usage of loading pages in the background and provides a good level of responsiveness for apps that you need to keep an eye on. If you require badges to sync more frequently, we recommend disabling sleep for those apps completely.
How to Enable it for an App
- Right-click on an app in the Webdock or toolbar
- Go to Settings > App Settings
- Look for 'Periodically wake app in background' and check the box to enable it. (Note that this option will not be available for integrated apps such as Gmail as they already do this)
There is also an option under an app's main Settings
- Open Settings and pick your group from the dropdown list
- Click on the app in the list on the left-hand side
- Under the heading Account & Behaviour, find 'Periodically wake app in background' and switch the toggle ON.
Auto-sleep is one of many new features in this week's Wavebox Pro release. Click here for more info and release notes.